The Voyager // Jenny Lewis
Stephen Webster put together this INSANE collection of rings called The Seven Deadly Sins. I posted Wrath earlier this week in a lazy stupor, and I’ve been going back to look at the whole set non-stop. Only seven of each ring will be made and I’m losing my mind. These are so dope I can’t stand it.
young kate mulgrew
Songs I’ve Ruined Forever for my Roommates
- Wolf Like Me // TV On The Radio: Really the entire Return to Cookie Mountain LP was on loop for the entirety of 2006. "You really like that band with all the weird noises." Yeah, I do. If you need me I’ll be howling forever oh oh.
- Better Son/Daughter // Rilo Kiley: when you’re 19 and depressed, Rilo Kiley finds its way into your life and all the people who share space with you get to watch you mouth along to the lyrics until the song kicks in and you full on overpower Jenny Lewis’ adorable little voice.
- Deceptacon// Le Tigre: To be fair I was trying to learn the choreography.
- Dance Yrself Clean // LCD Soundsystem: The volume levels alone were enough to garner an intervention, and no one said a damn word. It’s almost 9 minutes long for Christ’s sake. Maybe they were just as into it as I was.
- Turtleneck Coverup // Ozma; The roommates in reference here would be my parents. I was 17 and obsessed and my Mom was NOT a fan of me playing a song about hickeys on repeat.
- I Gotta Feelin (Just Nineteen) // Eagles of Death Metal: Whatever. Still into it.
Tomorrow I start UCB 401 after a 2 year hiatus from improv and this was serendipitously on my feed this morning.